5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Old-School Phone System
Thinking about upgrading your phone system? It’s a significant expense, and obviously a critical part of your business, so you’re right to take it seriously and do your due diligence. You want to make the right decision.
And the first decision is whether to make a change at all. After all, change is risky, things are going well overall, and this is not your area of expertise. Is it worth it??
Glad you asked!
The question to ask yourself is, “Does my current phone system give me what I need for where I want to go, to where the business needs to go, moving forward?”
If you’re not clear about that right off the bat, here are a few things to consider, based on our experience advising, serving and supporting clients over the last 23 years:
- Monthly Recurring Costs – Are you spending too much on your phone bill? What about the cost of maintenance? Performing a phone system audit will help determine if there is an opportunity for savings while upgrading to the latest technology with a return on investment (ROI).
- Outdated Technology – Yes, it works or maybe you’re putting up with how it’s not working. You can answer a call, put it on hold, but what happens when you’re out of the office and you’re expecting an important phone call? What do you customers experience when they call in (music on hold or lack thereof)?
- Valuable New Features – How can an updated communications platform help you with accomplishing your business goals? What features will improve overall efficiency with connecting your customers to your team? Mobile Twinning and Mobile Apps, Voicemail to Email, Advanced Call Routing, Video conferencing, VOIP and Unified Communications are some of the features that improve the overall customer experience while having your team connected with freedom and ease.
- Reliability and Flexibility – What will customers experience during a power or service provider outage (internet, phone, etc.) and how easy is it to re-route calls or have your team work off-site? Having a reliable and flexible communications platform and a backup plan in the event of unforeseen issues are important factors to providing a robust communications solution.
- Capacity – From moving or adding another office to adding employees, having a phone system that easily grows with you is important to achieving your business goals and connecting your team together, wherever they physically are located.
We know change is risky, but you deserve to have what you need to be successful in your business–and that includes your phone system! So take a good look at our list, and your real situation, and make whatever decision is best for you.
And of course, if you have any other questions, let us know.